Key Account Manager
with experience in selling services
To support our sales team in the DACH business area we are looking for an experienced employee as:
Key Account Manager with experience in selling services
(customs or logistic services preferred)
The location is preferably in the South of Germany or in our office Soest, NRW (at least for the first month of training it will be mainly Soest).
The purpose of the job is to manage and develop the overall business relationships and performance across the existing KGH Area customer account portfolio as well as identifying and securing business with new substantial prioritized customers. The Key account manager will get good insight in the full KGH service portfolio and will drive the Trade- and Customs Management (TCM) concept including operational customs services, customs consulting services as well as KGH Digital services. The KAM will initiate cross selling including other KGH Business Areas and Units as well as Maersk Customs Service providers globally.
You should have the following knowledge / experience:
- Seasoned (5-10 years ) commercial expert ideally from within the customs industry alternatively from supply chain and logistics.
- Strong experience in consultative selling of advanced solutions to large and complex customers
- Have or obtain experience in international customs with ability to understand how trade and customs solutions may be leveraged to deliver strategic intent across all functions of a client’s business
- Have or obtain knowledge about advanced customs processes and solution design
- Have or obtain extensive knowledge about the KGH service portfolio including all business units; Operations, Consulting and Digital and understand how the KGH services can solve customer pains
- Proven track record in a multi-cultural organisation, building strong relationships and networks both locally and internationally in the organization with stakeholders, peers and other colleagues
- Advanced communicator and presenter
- Numerate, financially knowledgeable and analytical
- Intellectual, strong organisational and planning skills, can translate strategies to plans to results
- Developed IT Skills that includes a comprehensive understanding of IT requirements from a client interfacing perspective
The main tasks include, among other things
- Manage and develop the relationship with the existing customers in our DACH Area
- Based on the KGH customer strategy pro-active generate and qualify new customer leads
Are you also a team player who likes to work in a solution-oriented and structured manner, has a quick grasp and has a good understanding of procedures and processes? Then you are the perfect addition to our team.
We also offer you:
You will receive extensive training in the subject from us. Furthermore, a competent team is always available to support you.
- performance-linked wages
- regular training measures
- Open working atmosphere
Great jobs for great people!
KGH Customs Services was founded in Sweden in 1963 and, as part of the Maersk Group, is the largest customs service provider in Europe with its own branches for instance in Sweden, Norway, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Belgium, Netherlands, France, Spain, Poland, Italy and a worldwide network. Today, over 1,500 employees support around 32,000 customers in a wide variety of sectors and industries with all questions and concerns relating to import and export processing.
Please send your complete application (including CV, picture and your salary expectations) to the following address: